- Pete Buttigieg is having a fundraiser hosted for him by a group of incredibly wealthy Silicon Valley households, according to a host list gotten by Recode.
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings is listed as a co-host, as are family members of Sergey Brin, Eric Schmidt, and Sheryl Sandberg.
- Buttigieg has actually come under fire from rival Democratic candidate Elizabeth Warren for his ties to huge tech.
- Go to Service Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Pete Buttigieg is having actually a fundraising event thrown for him by a who’s- who of wealthy Silicon Valley families.
Recode gotten a host list distributed to potential donors for an exclusive occasion, slated for Monday early morning in Palo Alto. The list is cluttered with the family members of popular Silicon Valley execs, consisting of:
- Nicole Shanahan, wife of Google cofounder Sergey Brin.
- Wendy Schmidt, better half of former Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
- Michelle Sandberg, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg’s sis.
Likewise hosting the occasion is Netflix cofounder and CEO Reed Hastings. A representative for Buttigieg informed Recode in a statement: “We are proud to have the assistance of more than 700,000 grassroots donors throughout the country who are assisting power this campaign. The only thing people are assured at an occasion with Pete is that he will use that cash to beat Donald Trump.”
Recode pegged the estimated net worth of the Hastings, Schmidt, Sandberg, and Brin households at roughly $80 billion.
Household members fundraising for Buttigieg do not paint a total image of how Silicon Valley heavyweights like Brin, Schmidt, and Sandberg support candidates.
Buttigieg has been greatly criticised by fellow Democratic prospect Elizabeth Warren for his ties to big tech.